Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New Blog!

This is presently my third school year at Thomas Metcalf Laboratory School and one of my personal goals for this school year was getting a Speech/Language blog up and running...so here we go!  On this blog I plan to share some of the things going on in room 104 at Metcalf (our speech room!) as well as provide resources for parents and teachers regarding speech and language milestones and tips for working with children who may have speech and/or language related difficulties.  I also plan to post information periodically for undergraduate and graduate students working toward degrees in Speech-Language Pathology.  One of the big (and very exciting!) parts of Metcalf School is our affiliation with Illinois State University as a Laboratory School.  We are privileged as professionals here working at the school to work and train talented undergraduate and graduate students working toward degrees in related fields including (but not limited to!) education, psychology, speech-language pathology, audiology, special education, and more!

Feel free to post questions or e-mail me at rlbrunn@ilstu.edu.  Stay tuned, as I hope to begin to post regularly to this site.  Later this week I will be attending the ASHA convention in Chicago, IL and hope to have many new tidbits from that to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment